Newsletter & GDPR
Privacy Statement Effective as 25 May 2018
Hotel de’ Medici nv takes seriously its obligations to protect the data provided to us by our guests and partners. In light of recent changes to data protection laws – in particular, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) effective 25 May 2018 – we wanted to take this opportunity to reiterate that commitment and provide our guests and partners with information about how we process the personal data you provide to Hotel de’ Medici in the course of staying or working with us.
Hotel de’ Medici nv, (“Golden Tulip Hotel de’ Medici”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”) recognize the need for protection and management of your personal information. We have therefore adopted this Privacy Statement to assist you in understanding what information we collect and how that information is used and shared. This Privacy Statement applies to the information we collect when you access our websites, when you making reservations for our hotel rooms and related products, or when you provide any non-public information to us.
Before you access our websites, such as at www.hoteldemedici.com or www.goldentulipdemedici.be , purchase our hotel rooms or related services, or provide any non-public information to us, you should review this Privacy Statement to understand our information collection and use practices.
2. Information We Collect
We, the hotel as data controller, collects and processes personal data for the purposes of bookings and guest’s management, billings and payments, marketing actions and satisfaction enquiries. The data are intended to the hotel and its service providers. We collect certain categories of information about you, particularly when you check-in at our hotel or visit our websites but also when you use or purchase our products or when you provide us information to deliver you newsletters and other communications. In particular:
Contact Information: Contact information is information or data that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual. For example, when you check-in at our hotel or access our websites, we ask you to provide certain contact information, such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, e-mail address, your ID card or passport to scan and store in our PMS database, your business VAT number, business address, contact numbers and business type. If you do not wish to provide the information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested.
Payment Information: If you book our hotel rooms and related services directly in the hotel or from our websites or our partner’s websites, you will need to provide us with payment information. This may include billing and other transaction information, credit card number including expiration date & or other financial information that we can use to ensure proper payment for the services you are purchasing.
Tracking and Location Information: We may collect and/or track certain information that is derived from the use of our products such as usage patterns, travel patterns, web site page views and traffic patterns. We may use this tracking and location information for statistical purposes to improve our products and services and to help users manage their environment and infrastructure more efficiently.
3. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Analyzing site usage trends;
- Administering the site;
- Tracking users’ movements around the site;
- Gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- Identifying users to remember users’ settings (e.g. language preference);
- For authentication and to help you sign up for our services.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide and enhance our products and services, to operate our business (e.g. billing and other accounting purposes; establishing accounts and contacting you regarding important information about your account), for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes (including providing your contact information to third parties with whom our hotel has a relationship), for statistical analysis, for product development, to contact you regarding our promotions, products and services. For example, we may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Displaying personalized content and advertising;
- Information security and PMS management software;
- Informing you of other promotions, products or services offered by us;
- Sending you relevant survey or review invitations;
- Responding directly to your questions, comments or requests;
- Analyzing site usage to improve and customize our web sites and products and service offerings;
- Improving our marketing and promotional efforts.
If our use of your data is governed by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), you should know that we rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Performance of a contract – To the extent you have booked guest rooms or related services from us, we may need to collect and use your personal information to perform the services which you have required. For example, we may use your personal information to respond to requests you make via our websites or via email or telephone you directly.
- Compliance with law – In certain circumstances we may be required to process your data to comply with legal obligations to which our hotel is subject.
- Consent – Some of the personal information we collect is provided by you voluntarily, for example when you sign up to join a mailing list or complete your registration form upon check-in, and is therefore collected and used with your permission. To withdraw your consent to such use, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Legitimate interests – We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, such as to improve our promotions, products and services and the content on our hotel websites. We may also use your contact information to keep you and others who have provided us with their contact information up-to-date on recent promotion and service developments. If you wish us to stop using your contact information in this manner, you can contact us at email@example.com .
5. How We Share Information We May Collect
We occasionally hire other companies to assist us in providing promotions or services, handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, customer billing, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We may disclose any information we collect from you if we believe such action is necessary to: (a) comply with any law, judicial proceeding, government request, court order, legal process, rule or regulation or any process served on us; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Hotel de’ Medici nv. (including the enforcement of our agreements and investigation of potential violations thereof); (c) protect your safety or the safety of others; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) act in urgent circumstances or emergencies.
6. Accessing And Changing Your Personal Information
Depending on the relevant jurisdiction, you may have certain rights granted to you by law with respect to the personal information Hotel de’ Medici and others have collected about you. For example, if the GDPR applies to the data we have collected about you, you have the right to access and correct data we have about you, to object to the processing of data, and to request that any information we have about you be erased.
You may request to exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. To protect your privacy and security, we may require steps to verify your identity, such as your ID or passport information and confirmation of your identification, before granting access to your data.
7. Third Party Sites and Services
Related offerings with links from our hotel websites have their own privacy policies that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. All hotel partners are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy.
However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of those third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our web site; therefore your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of those third parties.
8. Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your profile is available in our PMS software or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your profile or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at email@example.com . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Our website and/or promotional mailings do not intend to collect data from website visitors who are younger than 18 years old, unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 18. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete this information.
9. Communication Preferences
You can stop delivery of promotional e-mail or other communications by contacting our hotel at email@example.com . Additionally, when you received promotional emailing from us, you can also unsubscribe from our promotional newsletters by click on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom on the newsletter.
10. Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this Statement, We will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the change becoming effective.
11. Contacting Us:
If you have questions or concerns, you should first contact our hotel Privacy Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Hotel de’ Medici nv, Potterierei 15, 8000 Brugge, Belgium. Tel: +32 (0) 50 339833 Fax: +32 (0) 50 330764